Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Heaven is the Face of a Little Boy


Jesus said, Let the little children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14 NIV




One year ago today the world stopped turning...Maybe it was for a brief moment, but it felt like an eternity to those who know and love Ayden Brooks Jones. The soon to be four month old, was called to Heaven on August 25, 2009. Today we stop to remember the joy he brought to all who were lucky enough to have a part in his life, no matter how small...And we celebrate the part he still plays in our lives, and those who have heard his story.


Steven Curtis Chapman has a song, written in remembrance of his daughter, called Heaven is the Face of a Little Girl. This song has been on my mind and in my heart lately, pretty much any time that Ayden's face flashes across my memory. When I think of Ayden, I think of all the children lost before or after their birth that are surrounding Jesus' feet.


It would be a lie to say that all memories are happy ones. I've posted before about that terrible day last year, the phone call from Kristina and the endless hours afterwards on the phone and on Internet trying to find answers. I still get angry at that the gut wrenching hurt that hits me out of no where at times...How dare I be so sad, so upset, so distraught...how dare I question God's plan. If I am feeling this way what to Lindsay and Jeremy feel? His grandparents? His Aunts and Uncles? I selfishly ache for the things his family missed...the first birthday of cake in the face, first steps, first words...


A lot has happened in the past year. Lindsay and Jeremy sold their house and are currently bunking with her parents until getting a new home set up. Collen Brooks Jones (baby boy #2) was born on Sunday, August 22nd. We welcome him with open arms and loving hearts. We pray for happiness and joy to be restored, but also for Ayden never to be forgotten.


Today, I remember a life that changed mine forever.


1 comment:

  1. I just saw this. Thank you for loving my son so much. Sometimes, it's like a dream. I have forgotten how he felt in my arms, and I have to watch videos sometimes to remember his laugh. But so much will remain ingrained in my memory - that smile, that little jibber-jabbering voice, those eyes, the way he would snuggle as close as he could to me. He will always be my little boy, and gosh I miss him. I will forever ache for him and groan in mourning. I can't wait until the day comes when he'll be in my arms again.

    Thank you for being such an amazing friend and for loving my children so much. I could never express how much that means to me. It truly is so special to me. You're such a blessing.

    We love you, and I'm so glad you got to know Ayden. Knowing him means you know just how special he truly was, and is.

    ReplyDelete