Monday, March 14, 2011

God's Crock Pot

Sometimes...I just get stuck...

Yesterday I spent a great amount of time on my front porch enjoying the beautiful day that God created for us. Gilbert and I enjoyed the sunshine so much - sometimes we get tired of each other in this house!

After an amazing time of worship yesterday morning I craved more time with my Savior. I did a good bit of reading and Bible study outside yesterday. I have NEVER been a faithful journal writer, even after some great friends gave me the advice to start last year, I didn't stick with it. Lately, I've been working more towards a prayer journal. God wants to talk to us in any form or fashion, but I find it therapudic to write my prayers to him. Yesterday before I wrote my prayer I went back to day one of this journal, started a litle over a year ago. Reading through it I realized how far God has brought me since last March. I won't get into personal details of my journal....because that's what a journal is, personal details meant for that person only.

Last night I returned to church for a fantastic series about Joseph entitled "From the Pit to the Palace". Everything that was said last night was God speaking straight to my heart. God's providents in my life is always methodical and often mysterious. He uses the people we meet, the messages we recieve, and the ministries he blesses us with to reveal his plan for our life. Sometimes...when I'm stuck...I cry out to the Lord, asking for him to just show me the answer, open the door, open my heart...but I constantly remind myself that it's God's time, not my own. In the words of the pastor - "God doesn't work with a microwave, he works with a crock pot."

So...now I'm sitting in the crockpot, waiting see what kind of masterpiece God is fixin' in the kitchen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment