Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mother Daughter Weekend




My past two post have been a bit emotional, so I leave you tonight with something fun!

This past weekend marked the 2nd Annual mother-daughter beach weekend with Amy, Jane, Lydia, mom, and myself. I have been counting down for it since before Christmas! Last year, over the three day weekend in January, we took off to the beach. Jane's mom owns a cottage at Emerald Isle with more than enough room for four women and a little one. We had the best time catching up, crafting, sleeping, shopping, and of course farkling!
We started off our weekend with dinner at Rucker John's - my favorite! When we arrived at the cottage the temperature was a warm and toasty 50 degrees...BRRRRR...Much to our dismay - the heat was broken! We layered on the blankets and toughed it out. It was like camping...but with indoor plumbing. Thankfully the guy was able to come after lunch on Saturday and fix the heat...but apparently it's not so hard to stop a train after all. :)
Saturday afternoon was spent shopping and dinner was seafood...Well...seafood for everyone but Allison. I think we all know if chicken is an option that's what I'm eating! Once we returned to the warm cottage it was time to FARKLE! Readers - if you have never farkled before you don't know what you are missing!
I don't have much else to say about the weekend - it was fantastic. I love getting away from reality and I love spending time with these women. My mom is my dearest friend. Amy is the type of friend I can talk to anything about, she doesn't judge me or make me feel like my issues are irrelevant. Lydia - is adorable - and growing like a weed! Jane is always ready to teach me a new craft. I am BLESSED! I look forward to continuing this tradition for years to come!


1 comment: