Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wrapping Up Ruth







FIRST - accept my apology for bouncing all over the place...maybe by the end of this it will all come together...


A little over a year ago Ashley and I shared a very personal Bible study in the comfort of my home. Just the two of us, letting God lead it where he wanted it to be. What God wanted...was to bring us both to a new place in life. As I sit here and write this I am missing Ashley. Not even gone from NC for a week...I miss her terribly and I'm not even sure she knows it. Her last few months here were such a whirlwind and my dog got more face to face time with her than I did. But that's not what this post is going to be about...



A lot has changed in the past year...If you have been reading my blog at all you will know a little of what I'm talking about. The quiet Bible study that started with just one friend has grown and changed a lot over the past 14+ months. God has shown me that I not only can serve children, but I can open my home up to women of all ages to fellowship and grow in Him. I am not sure what all of that means...I feel in no way capable of leading women's Bible study...but over the past few months God is leading my heart that way. I continue to pray about it, and strive to do what he wants me to on a daily basis.


Now - lets get to Ruth. Every time we have chosen a study it seems to be perfectly applicable to whatever I am dealing with in my life. It's funny how God's perfect timing works isn't it? I know in the past couple of weeks I've shared a little about what we have learned. It's amazing to flash back to 'Sunday School Days' and the simple story we were taught about Ruth...Boy is her story ANYTHING but Simple! If you read the book of Ruth - and take only one thing with you (which is nearly impossible) - It should be that God can use ANYONE to accomplish His plans. He will open and close the doors that he lays out in front of us - and if needed - He will push us through them when our heels have a tendency to dig in (Ruth's heels did not dig in - but mine do sometimes). We have to be WILLING to be made WILLING...when we are willing - there is NO TELLING what God is going to use us for. What will your legacy be?


Well - I have been working on this post for an hour and feel like I am rambling...so I am going to stop there. The picture above is just one from the weekend. I already posted about my 28th Birthday - which was phenomenal. I praise you God - for where I have been, where I am, and where you will lead me to over the next year of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment