Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dashboard Feet

Sometimes I come here wanting to write, to share everything with the world...then I realize that some things should just stay where they are and do not need to be publicised...Today however I come to stand on a soap box. If you are one of those folks that likes to rest your feet on the dashboard or out of your window while riding in the car, you might wanna skip this lil rant.

There are many things in this world that push my buttons. This weekend I took a little road trip to see a very dear friend of mine and her husband. On the way home today I saw MANY passengers in the front seat with their feet on the dashboard. Some were just bare, some were covered with socks and shoes...and yes...one set were even hanging out the window resting on the side view mirror. So, my question is - am I the only one who sees this as VERY dangerous? I'm just curious. What if your driver has to stop suddenly and your legs slam up against the windshield? That is not going to produce positive results. And for those of you who like the breeze between your toes....what about that texter that crosses over into your lane to fast for you to pull them back in...or that 18 wheeler that almost side swiped me?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about being comfortable while riding, but please ride responsibly and put your feet inside the moving vehicle, preferably close to the floor. Thanks - the unofficial SAFETY PATROL.

No comments:

Post a Comment