Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Ayden



Dear Ayden -


Today we celebrated your first birthday...Many of your friends and family released balloons in your honor. As I watched them quickly drift into the sky I imagined you reaching out to grab one. As soon as the thought crossed my mind the yellow balloon went through the clouds. It sounds silly, but I imagine you holding it now. Running through the streets of Heaven - you must have so many balloons floating around you!


We wish we could have celebrated with you here today. I bet you would have loved mushing cake in your face and opening up gifts. And smiling for the camera - you were a natural at that! You had the ultimate birthday party with Jesus and the angels today though. I bet "Happy Birthday" sounds a lot different when sung by the angels.


There are so many lessons you taught me during your four months, and continue to teach me today. I am so thankful for two little girls in my life, Anna Kate and Sarah Dunn, who were born only a few weeks before you were. I take NO moment with these two girls for granted, they are such a blessing from God, as are you.


Little one, do you know how much you are loved and missed? We all think about you every day. We are a little jealous that you got to meet Jesus before we did and look forward to seeing you again one day. Ayden, I will never forget. You are always in my heart and on my mind.


Love,

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment