Saturday, April 24, 2010

Up...Up...and Away!







Well...not really considering the balloon was tied to vehicles 25 feet below, but it was still an awesome experience. Our school held it's annual science day on Friday and boy were the teachers in for a treat (there's a new one for ya). Our fantastic AIG teacher arranged for the REAMAX hot air balloon to make a visit for all of the kids and staff to see and learn about. Little did we know that four of us would become 'honorary' crew members. Holding those ropes was much harder than it looked! Once the balloon was right side up the majority of teachers took a ride, most for the first time ever. This has been something on my 'bucket list' for quite a while, I only have one regret. We should have cut the ropes and just kept drifting. Therefore, I have decided the next time that I visit Lancaster, PA I will be doing this very thing. A good friend and co-worker has done it before and says it is a must. I'm ready for my next adventure and to see more of God's beautiful creation by flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment